Once again an action packed day in addition to being a hot and overcrowded one (many tourist groups)! Before we had even started our team praying session, 3 ladies arrived for prayers, two of them being ‘regulars’ and another lady visiting from Glasgow who had seen our banner and had automatically knelt to join us in prayers not even knowing that it was the team’s time for prayer! Of course we invited her to remain on her knees and when we had finished our team prayers she was invited to sit on a chair to be prayed for (see details below). What I am concluding (if you haven’t all done so already) is that our presence over the years has, without a shadow of doubt, stamped God’s authority in that place such that our presence is like a ‘magnet’ Church to not only those who know and love our presence but also visitors passing through, if you get my drift. We also had a young guy from BCC outside the Bath Abbey shop entrance who had erected a small table with Gideon New Testament bibles in various languages. All passing through had a God filled anointing even if they were not aware of it!
The first three testimonies are of the three ladies referred to above:
- Ms A who was baptised a couple of years ago came for a regular ‘fill up’ of the Holy Spirit. She is now attending a ‘Phobia’ group in Bath (voluntary organisation) which she is enjoying/benefiting from. She was very happy to see us and came for prayers as she was worried about something going on in her body. She was going to see the doctor/consultant and was anxious about the pending outcome. She received peace of mind after healing prayers were said particularly for strength to meet the challenges lying ahead.
- Ms C from Glasgow (with daughter Ms S) wanted prayer for 13 year old granddaughter Taylor who is estranged from her Mum and gone to stay with an aunt. Dorian sang over her Jimmy Owen’s song Turn the hearts of the children to their parents; turn the hearts of the parents to their young. Also prayed for daughter Ms C for artery problems and angina. She was given a blessing to find a good church in Glasgow.
Other people prayed for:
- A couple from Cataluna/Spain asked us what was going on. Took a white envelope and was blessed on their way.
- Mr F was sitting on a bench watching. A very happy family man, retired 6 years. Ex market gardener. He had emphysema symptoms. Was prayed for. Said he would walk around Bath to feel better.
- A lady, Ms J (regular for years), came and asked for prayers for swollen right foot. Although nothing immediate happened, she closed her eyes and was very much at peace, something that has come after many years of being prayed for (she used to keep her eyes open the first time we started to pray for her). This is a measure of how far she has come over the years through our godly presence in the ‘open’ (she doesn’t attend church). In addition, the fact that she not only wants prayers but she asked for prayers for someone else that she is worried about, something that she had not done before. Before leaving, she thanked us for our prayer over many years particularly during the treatment period for her cancer which several years on, remains in remission. Thank you again and again Yahweh!
- Ms S came for prayers, mainly as a way of thanking us for praying for her several years ago when she had cancer treatment and every time her blood count was too low to receive treatment, she would come for prayers to increase the levels, which of course they did such that the treatment went ahead. Her cancer has been in remission since then and she remains very grateful to the HOTS team for their loving prayers. She asked for more prayers for her blood pressure, peace and for direction on her art/creativity profession and for her Dad who was going to have a cataract operation at the time we were praying for her!
- Ms M on the benches was spoken to. First about her grandchildren. She had been married but now a widow and looks after her mother.
- A Christian man, Mr M, needed prayers for his financial situation and personal breakthrough and peace for his family. Prophetic words given for breakthrough and that he would be a leader of men.
- Mrs E (wife of Mr M above) was sent by her husband to receive prayers! She asked for prayers for their 10 year old son James/Jamie who suffers from epilepsy and ADHD. She herself also has symptoms of ADHD. Dorian first asked confirmation that both were believers and when given the affirmative, proceeded to tell them the story of Jesus casting the evil spirit out of the epileptic boy in Caesarea Philippi (Matthew 17:15). Dorian asked if he could ‘address’ the evil spirt. Following their approval to proceed, spoke to the spirit of epilepsy and ADHD to leave both Jamie and his mother. He then invited the Holy Spirit to fill them both. They were touched by the Holy Spirit and took a Healing leaflet for e-mail address to send back a feedback to us.
- Mr G from NZ asked for prayers for breathing/asthmatic issues. The team prayed Jesus’s shalom/peace into his body. He relaxed with eyes closed. He also asked for prayers for his feet which had lost the sense of feeling. Being a very tall man, the team asked him if he had any difference between his leg lengths (wife later confirmed that he had always had one shorter than the other). On examination, one leg was an inch shorter than the other. Even before commanding healing and for the legs to come into alignment, they did rapidly! Isn’t our God good, all the time! He acknowledged that he had witnessed the movement/growth of his left leg even though he hadn’t felt anything. On standing, he smiled and nodded when asked if there was a difference following the healing.
Other prayers, blessings and words of encouragement were offered to several people walking through the Abbey courtyard. A wonderful day was had by the team and we give thanks yet again to our Daddy Abba for blessing us with the spiritual gift of co-working with him. Alleluia! Amen!